Followers

Friday, 23 March 2012

The Influence of Michel Keck

Michel would likely have a fit to see this - but her work makes me want to learn how to let go entirely and do paintings that are primal, full of emotion, not following rules.
My efforts have not worked out the way I want - likely because I give myself rules as I go - but it is interesting and very difficult for me to do as it goes against everything I am.  I like order, control, value, no waste..... and as I paint I am learning to let go of this, to embrace chaos at times, to enjoy not controlling everything, to *waste* paint - it is very good for me to learn to let go but very hard.  I love Michel's work because it is full of freedom, full of emotion, full of life.  Maybe one day I will be more at home with all this.






No comments:

Post a Comment