Followers

Monday, 28 May 2012

Default Art

 One of the artists I most admire is Nora Kasten.  Her wonderful Ruby Gem painting has been like a salve to my soul - I look at it and just sink into the beauty.  So it is only to be expected I guess, that some of my work should be somewhat along the same line.  Nothing is even remotely a copy - I could not copy her work for anything (I am not nearly good enough!) but the colours, the general flow - those are influenced heavily by Nora's painting.  At this point, working with these colours and this flow is my relaxation.  I have done several paintings - more than I have photos of even! - and have found every one to be a source of tranquility to me.  Each is different, yet the same.  The top one is the largest and Colin's favourite.  He says it seems Egyptian to him somehow.  I am not sure that I see that but do like it too.
 These next two are slightly smaller than Colin's favourite.  Rhys likes the light on the one above and I like the lower one - somehow it looks like a teapot to me






This last one is tiny - about the size of a coaster - and remains one of my favourites too.  I keep wondering how I can protect it and make it into a coaster at the same time!  Maybe a frame and glass over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment